1. To minimize possible disease spread, and stay within the regulations restricting gatherings, all patients will have to present by themselves without family members or friends until we receive notification otherwise. Family and friends will have to wait in a vehicle.
2. Although we asked you at the time of your reminder call, we will be checking your temperature and asking you about travel and contacts, and if there are any “red flags” we will reschedule your appointment – either by telemedicine or later after appropriate testing and treatment if positive for SARS-CoV-2.
3. We have instituted a telemedicine protocol for those who prefer to have a virtual encounter, and we are mandating it for patients covered by Medicare and Medicaid in accordance with federal government advisories, and recommending it for other individuals as well.
Also we’d like you to know that:
4. Some of our staff have recently traveled out of state (to “Medium Risk areas” per DHHS advisory), and they are observing a 14-day home quarantine period per SAO COVID-19 Health Mandate 004. Assuming they remain asymptomatic they will return to work after that time period.
5. All staff are checking their temperatures at least every morning, and any staff member with a temperature > 100.3 degrees or symptoms & signs of a respiratory infection will be tested for COVID-19 and otherwise undergo quarantine until the issue resolves.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times, and feel free to reach out to us by telephone with further questions and concerns.